Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Railfanning at Rushing River



One of my favourite railfanning locations on the CP Rail Manitoba & Minnesota Subdivision is by the bridge over the Rushing River. Below find a few shots from a recent visit, along with some information about how I made the "water." (Bottom of blog post.)















The "water" in the Rushing River is made with Ceramcoat, a hobby paint sold in craft stores. I use two colours: Black-Green and Deep River Green (Black-Green in the middle, Deep River Green on the edges). Gloss Medium was used to give the water a shiny look.

The riverbed itself is a piece of hardboard. I made a dam behind the bridge to hide the benchwork; a photo, cut out of a calendar, gives the scene a bit of background depth.

The bridge itself is made by Atlas (I think); I bought it used (it was silver) and painted it black. The abutments are made from extruded Styrofoam.

1 comment:

  1. Nice scenic effects and range of trains operating over that very scenic location. Merry Christmas to you and your family, and thanks for being a Trackside Treasure blog partner. Continued success with your blog too.
    Eric

    ReplyDelete