Sunday, December 8, 2013

Hiding Another Hole on the Manitoba & Minnesota Subdivision


How to hide that hole?















There sure are a lot of holes on the CP Rail Manitoba & Minnesota Subdivision! They were all neatly hidden before I took down a third of the layout and began a rebuilding process.

Earlier, I wrote about how I hid the newly exposed hole on the upper level (leading to the upper staging yard).

The hidden hole on the upper level.















Now it's time to do the same thing on the lower level, where the track punches through a wall to the lower level staging and the helix.

The photos on this page show where I am at right now. A few ideas are going through my mind about how to disguise the hole. Since the area near the hole represents a prairie town, a tunnel will be out of place.

It's a start . . . 















Luckily, I was able to procure a couple of bridges from my friend Arnold Walker; placing them across the entry will greatly aid in this effort.

Anyway, you're invited to follow along; together we'll see what I come up with.

Click here to see progress in hiding the hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment