Sunday, September 28, 2014

Simple Before and After Weathering















Today was the annual fall Winnipeg Model Railroad Club train show. Even though I don't need anything, I can't resist buying at least one or two things--especially if it involves CP Rail rolling stock that I don't own.

And so when I saw a couple of old Athearn forest products cars at a table, I had to have them. Problem is, with build dates of 1965, they are way too fresh looking for my early 1990s era.















No problem; a bit of chalk and a bit of white paint to suggest paint streaks from the lettering and, suddenly, they can looked aged and weathered.















For the other car, I think I may try to rub off some of the weathering, as I did with the True Line Trains slab side hopper--make it look really old.




No comments:

Post a Comment